In connection with this Site and our provision of products and services to our clients, we collect non-public information about clients. The types of information that we collect from you will vary based upon the product or service that we provide, and may include:
- Information included on requests for services, applications, questionnaires, new account forms and other related forms, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number(s), fax number(s), employer identification number, assets, liabilities, revenues and/or income
- Information about your transactions with us such as purchases, sales, account balances,trading activity, bank account information and wire transfer information
- Information that we may be required by law to obtain from you
- Information acquired from third parties, such as regulatory agencies
- Information acquired though the your participation in surveys, questionnaires and promotions, if any
- Information provided, derived or captured from your activities on the Site, such as your Internet Protocol address, browser type, operating system, Internet Service Provider, time stamps, the prior and following websites you view and/or banner ads you click. This type of indirect information gathering is described more fully below under the heading "COOKIES"
We collect information about you to help serve your financial needs, provide client service, and fulfill various legal and regulatory requirements. Non-public information about you allows us to respond more accurately and efficiently to your requests, identify opportunities to give you more convenience and control by developing new services that may benefit you, secure your accounts and help protect you and us from fraud, and to help us assess your needs and preferences and better serve you. We may also use this information to inform you about important information relating to your account, including important administrative information, and to customize your browsing experience and inform you about additional products, services or promotions that may be of interest to you.
Should you close your account with us, U.S. Bank will retain your information, including non-public information, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements and to periodically contact you to offer you the opportunity to reactivate your account or participate in other valuable offers.
Additionally, we may share non-public information with the following types of third parties:
In all cases, your information is protected. These third parties will be bound by law or by contract to use your information only for purpose for which it was disclosed, and will not be permitted to use or share this information for any other purpose.
- Financial service providers such as custodians, consultants, or other third parties required to complete a transaction you have requested, to help service your account, and to provide us with operational and marketing support and/or services;
- Financial services companies with who we have joint marketing or other arrangements;
- Non-financial companies under servicing or joint marketing agreements, such as printing firms and mailing firms that may assist us in the distribution of investor materials;
- Regulatory, law enforcement, governmental and/or other third parties where required by law, in response to a subpoena or other legal process, when conducting investigations, reporting to a credit bureau and/or as otherwise required or permitted by law, or when necessary to protect our rights or property.
You have the right to opt out of providing certain information, from being contacted by or receiving information from U.S. Bank, its advertisers, affiliates and/or strategic partners, and to choose how U.S. Bank uses your information. You also have the right to review, edit and update your account information, including all non-public information, at any time. To exercise these rights, please send an e-mail with your request to moneymarkets@USBank.com or call our customer service at 866-681-5052.
A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your hard drive by page servers so it can be read back later from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember specific information, such as pass codes and log in identification. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or collect identifiable information to determine who you are, or capture your e-mail address. Our cookies are used for internal administrative purposes only and are not used to collect or disseminate identifiable information to any third party.
One of the most beneficial uses of cookies is Site personalization, where you are able to customize the information you see. For example, by using cookies as part of our online trading, you can personalize your Site. Each time you access your online trading homepage, the browser will remember your preferences until the cookie expires.
Cookies are also used on our Site to help us monitor traffic patterns and see how the user navigates through our Site. This helps identify what sections of our Site are visited most often so we can provide more information on the topics and subjects that our clients are interested in. For instance, we may share Site usage information about visitors to the Site with reputable advertising companies for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this Site and other sites. For this purpose pixel tags (also called clear gifs) may be used to note the pages you've visited. The information collected by the advertising company through the use of these pixel tags is not identifiable as yours.
Cookies may also be placed by third parties when you access their sites through linking from this Site. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that these cookies may contain. Please contact the third-party site for more information on these cookies. Although we encourage third parties to adhere to appropriate privacy policies and standards, we are not responsible for the actions or policies of such parties.
In order to further protect you, U.S. Bank maintains strict internal security measures. We restrict access to your information to those employees who need to know that information to service your account and provide you with a full range of services to help you meet your financial needs. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with industry security standards to guard your non-public information. While no security system is absolutely impenetrable, we are constantly reviewing, refining, and upgrading our security infrastructure as new tools or techniques become available.